Tuesday, October 1, 2013

MOVIES ON THE GREEN


  To most people putting together a party or an event is torturous, time consuming and not fun at all.  For me, it is complete bliss.  I love preparing for events, putting them together and seeing other people enjoy the results.  Nothing makes me happier,  knowing  I put on an event which was loved and will be remembered.  It does not matter if it is an event for a client or a personal party.  The joy that comes is immeasurable. 
    I recently hosted a Movie Party.  Great for an end of summer and back to school night. Nothing too fancy, just a great movie, some yummy popcorn, candy and water.  I knew  it would be great fun, but I wanted to bring it up a notch. This was also a great event to bring a community together for a simple night out.  I made some cute tickets and invitations for each family in the complex,  tags for the treats and hung twinkle lights for ambiance

  Lets talk about how you can put on a party like this on your own.  It is simple really, 5 simple rules to follow will make a successful party every time..I will use this party as an example.

1. Choose a Theme

  You need to think about what kind of party you want, the feel of the party, the color scheme, and stick with it!
                
a. I chose Movies on the Green as my theme and wanted the old  Hollywood feel. I chose red, black and white as the colors I would stick to. My inspiration came from old time popcorn boxes.

2. Time and Date.

            It is important to think about the type of party and the date you want it on.  Once you have picked a date it is important to stick to it.  Changing the date will and does effect the attendance.
                  a. The date I chose had to be warm enough to still have outside but also when it got darker earlier in the evening, Sept. was perfect for this.

3. Decorations

            You can go as simple or elaborate as you choose, or your budget for the event allows. I tend to  do more then most would, but this is how I do things.  I enjoy the technical and design of a well planned event. Choose decor based on your theme, colors, and feeling you want to convey. 
                    a .I wanted to have fun with the decorations, so I made labels for the water bottles, the candy, and the different types of popcorn we would serve, and keeping with the movie theme made them  look like film strips.  Also, I used books covered in different patterned red cloth napkins.for height changes on the serving table which gives a little more interest for the eye.  I hand made popcorn boxes, and hung Twinkle lights above the lawn. Your own party or events theme is just a picture away. I never seem to run out of inspiration for events.

4. Food

          This obviously is an important part of most parties.  You should again choose foods which fit your theme, whether it is in color or type of food. Think about your guests and what would be appropriate for the occasion and the guests.

                   a. I chose to do flavored popcorns, candy and water.  I served 3 different varieties of popcorn in large bell jars, with flavors for every type of person. Marshmallow popcorn, Parmesan Cheese popcorn and a Buttered popcorn.  Candy for all types, I put them in little condiment cups with lids so guests could take one or more of their favorite kinds of candy., this also made it easy for cleanup. Mini water bottles were perfect for the kids and the adults, we did not have lots of waste.


5. Execution of Event

           Along with the other points, execution is important to think about when putting together your event.  I make lists of all the things I need done and when, so it is orderly and I can check things off as they are completed.  I try to do as much as possible before the day of the event so the execution of the event goes smoothly and quickly. 
a. With exception of the popcorn I was able to have everything for my party done in advance, so I could sit back and relax with my guests at the party.

 Don't forget to have fun when putting together a party or it is just not worth it.  Pick a theme you will love, invite people you enjoy and food that is irresistible and you will have a great party every time.




   I have attached the downloads of the tags I made so you can have a party like this one.,  Just right click on the picture and click save as!  


          Label for Cany                                                                                      Large Label for water






  I used this Label to Customize for   each of the Popcorn Flavors

Movie Tickets   With Date and Time                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Individual Water Bottle Labels











Have fun with your party.

Thanks and see you next time.
Darcy


Thanks For Visiting.
Darcy
(385)209-8249



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on Silver Spoon Cakes with Chef Darcy Jackson in Salt Lake Valley.